Saturday, November 28, 2009

Lemon Perfection

Look at this cake. Isn't it beautiful? I didn't make it, you can find it here. I needed a picture to go along with the lemon bundt cake I made because in all my haste to get it out the door of this sometimes crazy household I forgot to take a picture of mine. I had to give you the recipe though since it is one of my all-time favorites. If you are a cake-lover but you hate what it does to your body this recipe will be your friend too. It's simple, budget-friendly, figure-friendly and delicious! It's also low-fat, low cholesterol and low calorie. There is something nice about being able to bake a great dessert that won't put everyone into a high calorie nose dive and your friends and family will appreciate that you're looking out for them too. I actually made this for a class that I'm attending at my church about eating right! So go ahead and bake up some love for the people in your life this season! Their waist-lines will thank you for thinking of them.

Lemon Bundt Cake

1 box of lemon cake mix
1 whole egg
2 egg whites
12 oz can of diet lemon-lime soda

Glaze:
1 cup confectioners sugar
Juice of 1 lemon (approx. 2 TBSP)

Mix, bake and cool cake according to box directions using the ingredients above. After inverting cake out onto a serving plate, mix glaze and pour over cake. Slice and serve warm or at room temperature. Makes 12 servings.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry about the layout of this post, I don't know how to fix it and I'm through trying to. Hopefully it doesn't bother anyone other than me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks really yummy! I'm going to show my mom!

    ReplyDelete