Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I Love Your Eyes....They Taste Really Good!

Halloween is coming up fast and I am super excited! My brother and his wife are having their annual Halloween party and I'm thinking about making these to bring along. Right about now my husband is rolling his eyes.....well, honey, you better be careful or they might end up on a plate! Just kidding Jason, I love you.......I'm not in trouble right? OK.

I have been looking at Bakerella's website and ooooooing and awwwwwing over her sweet little cake pops, wanting to do something with that recipe for Halloween and of course she has very cute ideas for them during this holiday but I'll admit, I'm intimidated. The shapes and the colors and the artistry....I needed something easy for my first attempt. So, while looking through the Taste of Home Halloween recipe book my mom gave me, I came across these little eyeballs. The recipe in the book actually makes a confection similar to a buckeye but I believe (and will try to prove) that it can easily be translated into a cake pop. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. Luck luck luck! Sarah I believe you can make the sweetest, grossest, yummiest, scariest cake pops ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kelly, it helps to know that at least you believe in me :) Thank you for wishing me luck all the way across the pond. Do they do Halloween over there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe you can do it too, Babe. Please don't hurt me. Love you.

    ReplyDelete